Health Care Providers
Clinical Tools & Resources | Making a Referral | Advanced Care Planning | Consent and Capacity | Education
Hospice Palliative Care Ontario (HPCO) Resources
HPCO has developed a number of videos, PowerPoint presentations, and accompanying facilitator guides on the following topics:
- Speak Up Ontario: Train the Trainer Workshop (for health service providers and educators)
- Health Service Provider Workshop on Health Care Consent in Relation to Advance Care Planning
- Public Education Session on Health Care Consent in Relation to Advance Care Planning
- Health Care Consent and Advance Care Planning: Getting in Right in Ontario for Health Practitioners
These can be accessed at: http://www.hpco.ca/acp-hcc-hsp/
Cancer Care Ontario Resources
The link below was taken from Cancer Care Ontario but is originally from the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association and describes the domains and issues associated with illness and bereavement. This is a helpful tool for thinking about different aspects of care that may be of importance to patients and their families:
Palliative Care Training
The following resources offer structured trainings on palliative care that are valuable for healthcare providers. Each organization can be contacted through their website for further information.
- Pallium (LEAP): Pallium Canada is a national education community of practice that offers competency-based training through its Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative and End-of-Life Care (LEAP) course for providers. For more information on Pallium resources and education, visit http://pallium.ca/.
Palliative Pain and Symptom Management Consultation - If a palliative care consultation would be helpful for your practice, the Palliative Pain and Symptom Management Consultants (PPSMC) are available to support you with consultation or advice via telephone, email, or on-site. This service is available for long term care homes, home care agencies, community support services, and primary care. Education is also offered through basic and advanced training options. Additional information and contacts can be found at http://www.ppsmctoronto.com/en/