Share your feedback - tell us how we are doing!

One of the core values that guides our work across the Toronto Central region is listening to feedback from patients and families. Your feedback will help us to improve our programs and services, and identify potential system-wide issues.

There are several ways to contact the Toronto Central LHIN to file a complaint, compliment, or concern in English or French.

Step 1

The first step is to address your concern with your Care Coordinator for home and community care, or other health provider (e.g. hospital, community health centre, long-term care home, mental health and addiction service or community support service).

They are most familiar with your situation, and want to hear what is going well for you, and what can be improved. They are also in the best position to answer any questions you may have about your care, or services that you are receiving.

Step 2

If your question or concern has not been addressed, the Toronto Central LHIN is here to assist you, and we welcome your feedback.

Please contact us with your concern or compliment through any of the following:

Phone:   416-506-9888 ext. 2525


Fax: 416-921-0117

In-Person: 250 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M5T 2Z5

Each complaint we receive will be:

  • Received with courtesy, recorded accurately and protected
  • Acted upon promptly and fairly. Phone calls and emails will be acknowledged within two business days.

To learn more, please review our Guiding Principles for Complaints Management.


Protecting Your Privacy

The Toronto Central LHIN requires written consent to follow up on a concern that involves us collecting personal information (according to the Local Health System Integration Act, 2006 and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act [FIPPA], 1990). When you contact us with your complaint, we will review the consent process with you.

Note: The Toronto Central LHIN is subject to the FIPPA, which provides individuals with the right of access to certain records and personal information under the custody or control of the organization.

Please click on one of the following consent forms, depending on your need:

Note: The Toronto Central LHIN is not a health custodian under the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004.


Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario

Privacy is a fundamental right for all Ontarians. Government organizations that collect personal information must follow the rules set out in the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). Health information custodians must follow the rules set out under the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA). To learn more, please click here.

Health Care Consent Act

The Health Care Consent Act is an Ontario law regarding the capacity to consent to treatment.

Long-Term Care Action Line

The Long-Term Care Action Line can help if:

We have been unable to resolve your home and community care concern

You are concerned about the care or service at a long-term care home, or

You would like assistance from an Independent Complaints Facilitator.

Health Services Appeal and Review Board

The Health Services Appeal and Review Board can help if your concern is related to:

Your eligibility for service

The type or amount of services you receive, or

The discontinuation of your service.

Patient Ombudsman

The Patient Ombudsman can help if you have already sought to have your complaint addressed by the public hospital, long-term care home and/or home and community care services, and you aren’t satisfied with the outcome.

Ontario Ombudsman

The Ontario Ombudsman is responsible for investigating complaints related to public-sector bodies.

Regulated Health Professionals

All regulated health professionals belong to regulatory bodies called “Colleges.”If your complaint is only about a regulated health professional, such as a physician, nurse, physiotherapist, etc., you will need to contact the appropriate College. Click here to learn more (external site:Federation of Health Regulatory Colleges of Ontario).


FOI Requests

Request Form under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act/
Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act - click here.